This conference will bring together people interested in how media can be used to support learning across all sectors, in media literacy and in the re-use of media based resources in education and training as well as broader issues related to ICT skills and digital competence generally. It will include the annual awards ceremony for the MEDEA Awards as well as presentations and inputs from all finalists in the 2011 competition
Media & Learning 2011 is the place to be if you are interested in the latest developments, services and uses of media in education and training. Aimed at both policy makers and practitioners, the purpose of this event is to identify policies and initiatives that promote digital and media competence at all levels of education and training as well as to promote best-practice in the take-up and application of media in education and training.
At this conference we will be discussing:
- the urgency of embedding digital and media literacy skills amongst the European workforce
- how best to convince stakeholders about the importance of embedding digital and media skills amongst learning professionals and learners at all levels of education and training
The conference will include:
- practical learning opportunities showing how you can apply all types of media in education and training through workshops and hands-on training sessions
- information sessions describing lots of different initiatives and developments linked to this field supported by European and national programmes
- sessions linked to the MEDEA Awards 2011, a competition now in its fourth year that recognises and rewards excellence in this field. These sessions will feature winners and finalists from the past and current competitions.
A highlight of the Media & Learning Conference will be the MEDEA Awards Ceremony 2011 when this year’s winners will be announced and shown on Thursday evening at 18:00.